Followers

Monday 13 February 2012

UFO Undate

It's sometime since I was last here.  But I have been stitching.  Here is an update on how I'm progressing on my "Time and Season Sampler" a Moria Blackburn design.



Half way there!  Just need to finish the pink lines in the boarders.




These show the tendrils on the vine leaves, slowly progressing across the top.  
You will  also notice that I've changed the year from 2011 to 2012.  
I've also stitched some more of the pink border lines.
Finally I've started the acorns and oak leaves.


- ooOoo -

I would like to share with you some wonderful crochet my friend Mary Grace has sent me over the years.


The designs get more intricate as they go along.  They are all so very beautiful.

- ooOoo - 


Don't forget to enter my giveaway.  Here is the link.  Closes on 17 February 2012.



 Happy Stitching Everyone



9 comments:

cucki said...

beautiful stitching..all your wip's are so cute..
sweet crochet mats..looking so beautiful..
hugs for you xxx

Nicola said...

Mary Grace is a very talented crocheter. I wished I had learnt this skill from my Nana.

Your Tree of Life is looking good, you are nearly finished. It's going to look so nice framed and hung xxx

Thoeria said...

I love this sampler MaryJoan. It's what made me look twice at Blackbird Designs! Your friend is a very talented crochet-er....those doilies are lovely!

Mouse said...

ohhh that is lovely and you really haven't much more until the big finish yeaahhhh :0
lovely doilies your friend has made :)
love mouse xxxxx

Valma said...

Indeed Mary Grace did a very great job !
Worthy of crocheters from Calais or Bruges !
Your stitching is lovely !
So many stitches...
great job
hugs
xxx

Kaisievic said...

Time and Season looks amazing - beautiful work. Your friend's crocheting looks stunning, too.

hugs, Kaye xoxox

http://kittenstitching.blogspot.com

Beate said...

Love the sampler ... and how lucky are you to be given those beautiful crochet doilies?

Anne said...

Hello Mary Joan! I found you through the IHSW list!! I love your stitching a lot! That Moira Blackburn sampler is simply stunning! What lovely crochet you got from your friend!!!

Stitching Noni said...

Your sampler is lovely and coming along very nicely ;0)
The doilies are gorgeous - I love how intricate & delicate they look. My mum used to crochet but I have never been able to get the hang of it!