Followers

Thursday 8 September 2011

Hardanger and Stamford

We had a day trip to Stamford on Saturday.  So I took some Hardanger with me to stitch on the coach.  I always find it so relaxing to do Hardanger, especially at the early stages.  I have finally finished it today.  It's a small piece by Nordic Needles called Hardanger with Crystals #3, it's a freebie and can be found here.  I have used my own colours from my stash.  I tried some variegated thread/floss for the weaving - not sure if it has worked well!  Also used sequins instead of Swarovski crystals.


Nordic Needle Free Pattern - "Hardanger with Crystals #3".

And here are just a few of the photo's I took on my trip to Stamford.




Happy Stitching Everyone

5 comments:

Thoeria said...

Lovely little piece MaryJoan. And what lovely photos too!

cucki said...

very beautiful..i love it..and beautiful pictures xx

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Your hardanger is beautiful,in my favourite colours :) Lovley photos too. The Swan by the Weeping Willow is my favourite.

Kerryp77 said...

i love to see your hardanger, so beautiful

Wendy said...

How beautiful! I think the variegated thread works well. Funnily enough, I just stopped by Hobbycraft to get some different coloured (not white!) perle cotton to try a different colour of hardanger